This article looks into how Google reviews can improve your SEO and was provided by Rebellion Marketing.
Essentially, yes! Google reviews so help to build SEO, in particular local search within Google Maps. While a lot of factors make up a perfect SEO recipe, your online Google Reviews are one of the important ingredients in signifying to Google your business authority and trustworthiness.
If you’re a business owner, then you know the importance of online Google reviews. They can help you earn trust from potential customers, improve your local search rankings, and boost conversions.
But what many business owners don’t know is that there is a strong link between online Google reviews and local SEO. According to recent studies, star ratings from Google My Business Reviews are now one of the top three ranking factors for local businesses.
In this article, we’ll take a look at how Google reviews work and how they can impact your online presence. We’ll also discuss the benefits of online reviews for businesses and offer some tips on how to ask for more Google reviews.
What are Online Google Reviews?
Google reviews are public comments and ratings left by customers about your business on Google My Business (GMB). Customers can leave a star rating (from one to five stars) and write a short review about their experience with your business.
When potential customers search for your business online, they will see your GMB listing, which includes your business name, address, phone number, website, opening hours, and customer reviews.
Google My Business Reviews and Local SEO – How do they work?
Google uses a number of different signals to determine the ranking of local businesses in their Maps and search results
It’s no secret that Google uses customer reviews as a ranking factor in their local search algorithm. In fact, according to Moz’s 2018 Local Search Ranking Factors Survey, online reviews are the second-most important ranking factor for local SEO (after on-page signals).
This means that if you want to improve your local SEO, then you need to make sure that you have a steady stream of positive Google reviews.
How can Google Reviews impact your online presence?
Google reviews can have a significant impact on your business, both in terms of SEO and conversion rate.
As we mentioned before, Google reviews are one of the most important ranking factors for local SEO. This means that if you want to improve your chances of appearing in the Maps results and organic search results, then you need to make sure that you have positive reviews.
Google reviews can also have a direct impact on your bottom line. In fact, according to a recent study by BrightLocal, 84% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
What’s more, customers who read reviews are 270% more likely to convert than those who don’t. This means that if you can get more Google reviews, then you’re likely to see a boost in sales and revenue.
The benefits of Google Reviews for businesses
In addition to helping with your local SEO, online customer reviews also offer a number of other benefits for businesses. For example
– Improved SEO rankings: as we mentioned before, online reviews are one of the most important ranking factors for local SEO. This means that if you can get positive reviews, then you’re likely to see a boost in your rankings.
– Greater trust and credibility: customers are more likely to trust and do business with companies that have positive online reviews. In fact, according to BrightLocal, 78% of consumers say that they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
– More visibility: when potential customers search for your business, they will see your GMB listing, which includes your customer reviews. This means that if you have positive reviews, then you’re more likely to get clicks and traffic from potential customers.
– Improved conversion rate: customers who read online reviews are 270% more likely to convert than those who don’t. This means that if you can get more Google reviews, then you’re likely to see a boost in sales and revenue.
How to ask for more Google Reviews
If you want to improve your local SEO and get more sales, then you need to make sure that you have positive Google reviews. But how do you get them?
The best way to get Google reviews is to simply ask your customers. You can do this in a number of ways, such as:
– Include a link to your Google Review form in the signature of your email address, and prompt your customers to leave a review.
– Ask on social media, and share your Google review link online when sharing a testimonial to prompt your customers to do the same.
How do I find my Google Review link?
When you navigate to your Google My Business Profile Manager home page, scroll down and you’ll find this section called “get more reviews”.
This generates a link that directs your customers straight to the pop up they need to leave you an online google review.
So, remember, Google reviews are a powerful way to improve your local SEO and online presence. The higher your ratings and more online google reviews you have, the more it can benefit your business as well as a nice SEO boost!